For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Flap-Necked Chameleon 2

 If I had seen this picture without knowing the size, I would have thought it to be a dragon from days gone by. Did they really exist? Are they a myth? Maybe they did live and only the size has been exaggerated?
I am not going to add information on chameleons as I have already given you most of their interesting information in: Flapped-necked Chameleon and Dwarf Chameleon to which you can click these links if you want to read more about them.
I have never seen one with these yellow markings and by the picture above, you can see just how small she actually is.
She kept on wanting to climb onto my camera. :)
So, what ya lookin' at? Take that thing outta my face will ya!! What's a gal gotta do to get some peace around here?"

No comments: