For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

All in a days work

It has been a few days of the most unbelievable storms with lots of flooding in some places and unfortunately, a lot of lives lost. At times the sun has tried to shine and is most spectacular. These tow shots were taken on my way home one night.
What a pity the gate was in the way with this one although I still like it.
A Bush Hopper (family Euschmidtiidae) they are small and many of the species are wingless.
This moth landed on my bedside table. It has lovely markings.
A very young Rock Monitor climbs up the wall. He is in total about 1 foot in length. The poor thing could not get down so eventually let go and plopped onto the ground and disappeared.
I found a Dumpy Longhorn Beetle (family Cerambycidae) crawling on my TV.
An Emerald moth was clinging to the wall.
At days end, a beautiful rainbow......

No comments: